terça-feira, 2 de março de 2010

An update

A little something I wrote to post somewhere else...

Just a little update, as I've been too quiet on this front (I'm not a big Facebook fan, I'm afraid). We've been at our new home for almost two weeks now. We're still adapting to life in Brazil, and it's not been easy at times. We do not have an Internet connection yet due to technical problems with Telefonica, the local phone company. This means I cannot set up shop yet, but I've been busy with organizing things for when the container arrives. It's expected to be here next week, so I'll probably spend my birthday (just short of 40) surrounded by boxes (not again!!). Érica went through a selection process at a local college and is now teaching a class there twice a week. It's one semester only, but we see it as an open door. The kids are all right. Clarissa still sorely misses Virginia and her former school and friends, but she's getting used to life here. Rodrigo is taking the longer hours at school (7:30 to 15:00) in his stride and seems to be enjoying himself. All in all, life's been good.

(I originally wrote this one for Facebook, but they wouldn't let me post it because it is too long. See why I'm not a big fan? So I decided to post it here.)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário