terça-feira, 13 de outubro de 2009

Economical Writing


This is the very first time I post in English. I will try to do this as often as possible, but you will continue seeing mostly Portuguese here. But for sure I will use English from now on to comment on books written in this language.

Economical Writing is a short little book that grabbed my attention the other day at the Fund. The author had economists in mind, but that doesn’t mean people from other fields could not benefit from reading it. To tell you the truth, I was not terribly impressed, as you can find better books in the market (The Elements of Style comes to mind).

If you still want to give it a try, check rules 23 (on word order), 25 (on verbs, active ones), 26 (on avoiding words that bad writers love), and 28 (on being plain).

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário